Thursday, November 10, 2011

Winterizing

 It hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks today, that even though the thermometer has been hovering in the mid teens lately, winter is fast approaching. Everyone that knows me knows that I hate winter. I don't ski, skate, toboggan or snow shoe. I don't like snow ball fights, making snow angels,driving in the snow, shoveling it or looking at it from the warmth of the house. The only things I like about the season are cold weather drinks and reading by the fire. I'd be OK with a month or two of the dreaded dark and cold but the thing about winter is that is seems to last forever. Since I can not turn back the clock, I have decided to approach it a bit differently this year. I have decided to Winterize my attitude.
 Surely, there must be some good that comes with bone chilling temperatures and dismal gray skies.
I took a good look at the reality of the next four months and came up with a handful of things that actually make me look at winter with softness in my heart. Instead of listing them here and rereading the list daily to remind myself why I aught to be happy about the approaching deep freeze, I decided to make it my daily task to find at least one thing that I I love about the season. Let's see that makes it approximately 120 things that I can look forward to next year.
If you like you can come along for the ride. You may find you have overlooked a few things yourself.

Here's the first thing that came to mind. There's nothing like good music to sooth the spirit and the spirit will need a lot of soothing over the next few months.



No comments:

Post a Comment