Monday, November 28, 2011

Have yourself a zen-like little Christmas

Christmas shopping can be your greatest pleasure or your worst nightmare depending on how late in the season you've left your shopping till. For many years now, I have vowed to have all the gifts purchased and wrapped before the end of November. Unfortunately, this year again, will not be the year that that comes to pass. Even though I've been keeping my eyes open for the perfect "thing" for those on my shopping list since September, and have slowly accumulated a sizable pile in my newly "extra" bedroom, there are still a few things that need picking up. I feel relatively at ease and don't feel the panic  rising yet, as it has many times in the past. The ritual of doing a book exchange in lieu of gift giving has slowed down the frantic pace of shopping and forces me into one of my favourite places in the world. The only dilemma becomes finding a book that you think will appeal to the person whose name you've drawn. But imagine the bliss while having to find it. Often times, I find a pile to add to my wish list in the process. And think of the coffee that needs picking up while on your way out the door. Books in one hand, a tall Mocachino in the other; does Christmas shopping get any better when time is on your side?
Well friends, its November 28th, exactly 26 shopping days left before you need to resort to your local Mack's Milk. If you plan it right,you can have a zen-like 26 days in preparation for the big day. Hmmm, books, coffee, tea, lotions and potions from the Body Shop? Who says you can't treat yourself in the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment