Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Paper Snow Flakes

Who would have thought that thinking of just one thing per day that I liked about winter would be such a chore. Don't get me wrong, I usually come up with at least 2-3, but finding the time to commit to writing about it has been a challenge. But I guess that was part of the point. I wanted to make writing a daily habit and in the process slow down enough to notice things that I usually have a tendency to rush past.
The weather man mentioned flurries today. They aren't supposed to make an appearance till a few days from now, but the word flurries stopped me in my tracks. Here we go, I thought. Images of snow, slush, shoveling the driveway, scrapping the windshield while I'm shivering in the process, came to mind first. While making a mental note to make sure there's a decent scraper in my car, I decided to google "snow" and see what came up. Interestingly enough, the first thing that caught my eye was a picture of a snowflake paper cut out. I hadn't seen one of those since I was a child. In fact, I remember making snowflakes just like those when I was in kindergarten. Any piece of paper and a pair of scissors could magically result in a piece of wintery art. It didn't take me long to find instructions on how it is done just so that the next time I have a quiet moment I may just try my hand at it again. Who knows, the little girl across the street may want to learn something new the next time there's a snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment