Friday, November 11, 2011

 It was another cold day today. OK, it actually reached 5 degrees and when the sun shone directly on me as I sat at the stop light in the comfort of my seat warmed car, it actually felt pleasant. Getting to that point was another story. All of a sudden the light weight, long sleeved t shirts and summer weight jeans would not promise to do the trick. I searched in the deepest drawers and at the back of the tallest closet shelves to find the clothes that got me through last winter. Somehow fur lined parkas and down filled vests seemed a bit extreme for early November. It was then that I remembered all the things that did not seem quite like winter wear that kept me warm when I put them together last year. The summer t shirt that worked solo throughout July and August, now became the first layer of an attire strata. The before mentioned light weight, long sleeved t shirt came next and a lovely thin but warm cardigan finished off the outfit. Huh...the pleasures of layering, I mused. It takes cooler temperatures and the threat of chattering teeth to force one to creatively put together a winter ensemble. Of course, the colder it gets the more layers come into play, and here I have to admit to feeling very lucky to be living in the southern most part of Canada. While my layering adventures focus on fun and lightweight layers designed to be quickly shed or added on to, our distant cousins to the north know the real benefits of proper layering. That benefit is called " being able to return home alive."
Here then is the second thing, in no particular order, that I kind of like about winter; dressing in warm comfy layers that envelop you like a warm embrace.





















































































http://youtu.be/RPRxdxtzQsM

No comments:

Post a Comment